Sunday, December 13, 2009

Be a Buyer Before A Seller

I want to sell stuff on ebay.
I want local (to me) Frederick Maryland people to ask me to sell their stuff on ebay.
I don't yet know what I'm doing

My first thought is to learn my way around ebay by learning what it's like to be on the other end.

... strategy:
Be a buyer before I'm a seller.

To date I've been buying stuff for my computer(s) that I'd normally shop for at tigerdirect.com

Here's what I've learned:

Buy It Now button
If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. When you shop on ebay, which is to say when you search for stuff on ebay, the search page is divided into "top sellers" at the top and other listings that may not have the rating "top seller"

Once you scroll down you'll see similar items listed with not very much to help you tell them apart, save the seemingly low prices.

don't waste your time on the low prices... as soon as you bid, the price will go up
I find this infuriating.

I just look for the "buy it now" button and buy it


No comments: